Riding with Wobbly Wheels

This blog has been set up to record my participation in The Challenge:
a marathon cycle ride up the full length of Britain and then back south down the full length of Ireland
by a team of 6 riders,4 of whom have Parkinson's disease.
The purpose of the ride is to raise money for Parkinson's UK and to promote awareness of the search for a cure.

Bookmark this page, tell your friends about this blog and follow me on my (often wobbly) ride.
To receive regular email updates of new posts, click on "Follow the Blog" at the bottom of the page.

In the meantime, keep on scrolling down to read the Wobbly Weasel's latest Post.


And don't forget, whilst "on the road", there is a daily journal by all the Team of its ride at the Pedal for Parkinson's Challenge Website. (Click on the link below in the right hand column.)

The Pedal for Parkinson's 2011 Team

The Pedal for Parkinson's 2011 Website

Click on the team photo above to go directly to the Pedal for Parkinson's 2011 Website. As well as information about the team, the Website has detailed maps to help you follow the riders as they complete
The Challenge.

"The Magnificent 7"
From right to left: Les Roberts, Nigel Macvean, Mark Vallance, David Greaves, Ian Watkinson, Chris Bennett and Chris Brown. Chris Brown and Ian are riding with a second team that sets off from Lands End a couple of days before the rest of us start our ride from Lizard Point on Wednesday 15th June. Neil Manning couldn't make it for the photoshoot but having already cycled Land's End to John O'Groats for Parkinson's, he is this year the 6th Man riding the Double End-to-End.


Friday 10 June 2011

So much to do, so little time.

Only 1 working day left before I catch the train to Truro to meet up with the other members of the team and what am I doing? Pottering contentedly around the house, profoundly relaxed, fine tuning my packing and giving the bike its final fettle and then enjoying a gentle couple of hours through the lanes on said bike and generally feeling like a man who is at one with the world and in control of his affairs? Well, no ... I am running around like a blue-arsed fly practicing the art of brinkmanship on several fronts simultaneously. It isn't all down to my indolence and lack of organisational skills; I think I have just been unlucky with a number of external factors like, for example, discovering that my laptop is playing up, only performing when it feels like it; I am relying on it to maintain my blog on the ride. My mobile phone has also started to reveal an agenda all of its own – unbeknown to me I have apparently called a number of hapless souls in the middle of the night recently and deleted key messages. Then the new shoes I bought for the trip are too small so I will have to resurrect a pair I threw out for recycling having stripped off the cleats. I haven't even started to pack, I'm not entirely confident I know where everything is either. Look at the time – it's almost 4.00 am and why am I writing all this? AAAARRGGHH!!! (dramatic orchestral crescendo). Don't miss the next exciting episode of "The Weasecl That Went Out Of Its Mind"

No comments: